HISTORY AND EVOLUTION
Little Flower Hospital was born out of the vision of Arch diocese of Ernakulam and is named after Sr. Theresa of Lisieux who is the patron saint of the Hospital. The hospital had a humble beginning in 1936 and was renowned for its excellent ophthalmic care. Later the board of trustees recognized the need of qualified professionals and visualized an academic institution which became reality in 1994. LIMSAR emerged as the foremost self-financing college in Kerala with the aim to provide educational opportunities that are responsive to the needs of the community. The inception of LIMSAR under MG University in 2005 was an important milestone on the history of LIMSAR. In 2010, Govt. of Kerala unified all the health sciences under one roof as KUHS. LIMSAR became a part of it and is currently one of the leading colleges in Kerala.
Little Flower Hospital and Research Centre is not a profit oriented organization and is registered as a charitable trust. It is a 610 bedded multi speciality hospital accredited to NABH. It also Imparts training in various fields of Medical, Paramedical and Nursing care.